Code Composer Studio? IDE & development tools
Our industry-leading integrated development environment is a seamless coding experience
Our robust development environment, centered on Code?Composer Studio? IDE, is built with your convenience and ease-of-use in mind. You need to get to market fast, iterate faster, and scale your innovations quickly and seamlessly across diverse families of equipments. From our unique cloud environment of easy resource exploration and browser-based development tools to advanced debugging on your desktop, our development tools enable your journey from discovery to production. Browse the table below to get started.
TI's embedded development tool ecosystem
|Development environment||Discover & demo||Configure||Develop||Debug & instrumentation||Production & test|
|Code Composer Studio IDE (Desktop)||TI Resource Explorer*|
|Code Composer Studio IDE (Cloud)|
*Offline download available
?Available for cloud-supported use in-browser
TI Resource Explorer?
- Resource Explorer helps you find all the latest examples, libraries, demo applications, datasheets, and more for your chosen platform.
- Filtering by device, or by TI LaunchPad? Kit, the interface lets you select just the resources you need.
Since Resource Explorer is fully integrated with TI Cloud Tools, your files are imported directly into your project to get you developing with just a few clicks. A desktop version of Resource Explorer with similar intuitive navigation is included with Code Composer Studio Desktop IDE.
Code Composer Studio??Cloud IDE
- Get going effortlessly with CCS Cloud to start your editing, evaluation and initial design. Simply connect your LaunchPad or SensorTag, launch CCS Cloud, and begin.
- CCS Cloud supports Wiring API via Energia, TI-RTOS and C/C++ development.
- Desktop IDE is always available. To access additional functionality, transition your projects seamlessly by importing code from the cloud version to the desktop version of Code Composer Studio IDE.
Code Composer Studio? Desktop IDE
Industry-leading, integrated development environment (IDE) that comprises a suite of tools for developing, compiling, debugging and analyzing embedded applications.
- Based on the Eclipse open source development environment enabling integration with many tools.
- Includes an optimizing C/C++ compiler, source code editor, project build environment, debugger, profiler, and many other features.
- Provides a single user interface taking you through each step of the application development flow. Familiar tools and interfaces allow users to get started faster than ever before.
- Various free, node locked (tied to a PC) and floating (network) licenses are available.
UniFlash for Cloud provides a lightweight method to load target programs to internal flash on a wide range of TI devices. Both a desktop and command line version of UniFlash is also available for the situations where internet access is not available or where a GUI is not needed.
PinMux is now available in the cloud and offers the same features and efficiency you’ve experienced with TI's downloadable desktop PinMux tool.Select device peripherals and generate the required pin multiplexing solution with the help of auto-solving pin multiplexing options, all while developing in CCS Cloud.
Use GUI Composer to easily create custom HTML GUIs that can interact with the programs running on your target device.
A wide variety of different web components are provided that allow you to control the target device and display data sent from the target device. Many different types of solutions can be created with GUI Composer including simulating user interfaces, demonstration applications and test environments.
Select a debug probe by product family
|Processor family||Low-cost entry level option||Advanced option (best price to performance ratio)|
|MSP430? Ultra-low Power 16-bit MCUs||MSP-FET||MSP-FET|
|MSP432? Ultra-low Power 16-bit MCUs||XDS100v2 JTAG debug probe (ARM version)||XDS200 USB Debug Probe|
|TM4C ARM? Cortex?-M MCUs|
|SimpleLink? CC3200||XDS100v2 JTAG debug probe (14-pin version)|
|C28x/F28x 32-bit Real-time Control MCUs|
|F28Mx Concerto MCUs|
|Hercules Safety ARM? MCUs|
|SimpleLink? CC26xx/CC25xx||XDS200 USB Debug Probe|
|Sitara ARM? Processors||XDS100v2 JTAG debug probe (14-pin version)|
|KeyStone Multicore DSP & DSP+ARM?|
|OMAPL1x and AM1x Processors|
|C674x Multicore DSPs|
|C55x DSP||XDS100v2 JTAG debug probe (14-pin version)||XDS100v2 JTAG debug probe (14-pin version)|